Charles Mix Electric is your local Touchstone Energy Cooperative, located in Charles Mix Electric in south-central South Dakota. We are a member-owned organization dedicated to providing affordable electric energy, as well as new and innovative services, to the rural areas of Charles Mix County.
Although our main focus is to provide electric energy to our members, we also provide internet services as well as personal and environmental security services. Through innovation, integrity, accountability and a commitment to community, Charles Mix Electric actively promotes economic growth and the betterment of rural life in South Dakota.
Here are a few facts about Charles Mix Electric that you may find interesting:
- 13 Fulltime employees (3 women, 10 men)
- One outpost (3 linemen)
- 16 Vehicles including heavy equipment
- 200+ Internet customers
- 1850+ Members
- 6 Substations
- 12470 volts on the distribution line
- 3325 Meters
- 2750 Services in place
- 931 miles of overhead line (Amerductor & ACSR)
- 380 miles of underground line (XLP & Rubber insulated)
- 1311 miles of energized line
- Approximately 20,000 poles (Southern Yellow Pine)
- Over $17,000,000 in current loans
- Over $5,000,000 in interest paid
- Over 66,000,000 kilowatt/hours sold in 2016
- $19,789,796 in assets
- $108,000 paid annually in taxes.
Download the CME Bylaws (PDF)
Note: This page includes downloadable files that are in Adobe PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download Acrobat Reader free of charge from Adobe's web site. This is a safe, fast and easy installation. This page also includes downloadable files that are in Microsoft Word format and require Microsoft Word to open. If you do not have Microsoft Word but need access to these forms, please contact our office.